MAHSHAR PORT INFORMATION:
- Jetty No. 1 is used to accommodate general cargo vessels carrying cargo for NIOC. The draft 9 meter. Length 200 meters.
- The import of E.D.C. for Abadan Petrochemical Co. and G.O., Kerosene and unleaded fuel is carried out through this port.
- There is no LOA restriction
- Able to accommodate tankers around 100000 mts dwt.
- Pilotage is compulsory and carried out from the outer bar to the inner anchorage by BIK pilots (Pilot Position: 29 O 59’N – 49O 04’E). After vessel’s arrival at BIK inner anchorage, NIOC berthing master boards the vessel in order to direct her to B.Mahshahr for berthing.
- Incoming vessels are met by tugs in the channel, about 1.6 Km below port limits. 2 tugs re used for berthing and unberthing according to state of tide, etc. Vessels arriving on flood tide, are tuned off the jetties by one tug and berthed Starboard side to jetty with 2 tugs. No anchorage is available at Bandar Mahshahr.
- Average rate of loading: 1,000 – 3,000 MT/Hours
- Tides: Maximum tidal range is 3.5 Meters.